The priority of our Sixth Form is to serve the needs of the young people in our wider Community, covered by the Thorpe St Andrew Educational Partnership.
Taking account of Community needs and, where appropriate, working in partnership with other institutions, we will structure the programmes and experiences we offer to meet the needs of each student accepted into our Sixth Form.
Moving into our Sixth Form, we believe, will give Andrew further opportunities not only of gaining further qualifications he needs but also to develop, into a mature and self-reliant individual. This requires the learning of skill as much as knowledge. We believe it will be important that he does not see life in the Sixth Form as an end in itself but a further stepping stone to higher/further education or into employment and training.
To this end, Andrew will experience:
- Access to a wide curriculum choice with excellent teaching, supported by quality facilities and resources.
- Support and guidance to ensure he is placed on a programme appropriate to his needs within the curriculum on offer.
- A rich programme beyond academic qualification geared to his needs and interests.
- The benefits of a school which has a proven record of academic success.
- Quality teaching in the classroom and beyond that will inspire and challenge him to aspire to high aspirations and achievement.
- Individual and regular quality mentoring for Andrew both in academic subjects and Personal Development activities.
- Careers guidance, including, if he chooses, a highly successful UCAS process for University application.
- A Sixth Form which constantly strives to provide Andrew with an outstanding educational experience that will prepare him for this chosen path ahead.