Team Green is the school’s ecological committee run by students dedicated to helping the environment. We meet regularly to discuss how we can make the school a more environmentally friendly place.
Team Green is always coming up with new plans and ideas to help the school. Some of our latest projects include supplying recycling bins in Sixth Form areas, creating a display in the Sixth Form Bungalow to educate students about how they can help the environment, and organising a Blackout Day to show the difference we can make when we turn off all unnecessary electronic items and lights.
Are you studying Geography, Biology or Environmental Science, or are you just passionate about the environment? Team Green is the perfect opportunity to meet like-minded people, gain useful skills for future CVs or university applications, and most importantly make a difference.
How can I stay green at school?
- Turn off the lights and open the blinds instead!
- In winter, keep windows and doors closed to prevent wasting heat.
- Put paper and other recyclables in the recycling bins located in the Sixth Form areas. For more information on what you can recycle, visit https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/rubbish-recycling-and-planning/rubbish-and-recycling/types-of-waste-we-accept
- Print out documents double-sided to save paper and only print when necessary.
- Turn off computers when not in use.
- Use a reusable water bottle.