Thorpe St Andrew School has an impressive record of appointing staff who exhibit excellent potential and in ensuring that the continuing professional development given achieves progress and success for all. This applies to all staff, both associate and teaching staff.
Each member of staff has a personalised CPD programme providing appropriate development opportunities. Development opportunities are built in to all levels of leadership and extensive use is made of Norfolk’s Learning Diamond programmes. The school also supports individuals with secondments either within the school, externally to other schools or taking in a professional from another area, all for up to a year.
Our commitment and experience is reflected in our appointment as a pilot school for the national Teaching Learning Academy, with now almost 100 staff passing qualifications in this area.
By applying for a post at Thorpe St Andrew School you could take advantage of our programmes. In return, we expect you to give your best, at all times, for the benefit of our students.
In the past three years so far we have seen our staff achieve the following promotions:
- one to Headship – externally.
- one to Deputy Headship – internally.
- three to Deputy Headship – externally.
- two to Assistant Headship – internally.
- three to Assistant Headship – externally.
- three to Head of Faculty – internally.
- four to a Head of Department – externally.
- one to a Head of Year – externally.
- four to Head of House – internally.
- fourteen to TLR posts – all internally.
- five to TLR posts – all externally.
- two Associate Staff promotions – both externally.
- eight Associate Staff promotions – internally.