This report celebrates the achievements of every member of the Thorpe St Andrew community.
We are extremely proud of our students and thank you for your encouragement and support of the school.
OFSTED OUTSTANDING 2014 – Summary
Excellent academic and personal development of the students
Achievement – Outstanding
- Students’ achievement is outstanding.
- The Sixth Form is excellent.
- Attainment at the end of Year 11 is well above average.
- Students are, currently, achieving exceptionally well in most AS and A level subjects.
- The proportions of students making and exceeding expected progress are high compared to national figures.
Teaching – Outstanding
- Outstanding teaching leads to students’ rapid progress.
- Students respond well to very clear instructions.
- Supportive atmosphere in lessons.
- Students show great enthusiasm.
- Teachers are ensuring that they give all students demanding and achievable tasks that help them learn.
- A wide range of extra activities and outside visits greatly increase students’ enjoyment.
- First-rate curriculum that is relevant to students’ needs.
Behaviour – Outstanding
- The behaviour of students is outstanding.
- Students are polite and courteous.
- The house system helps younger students fit into this large school.
- Students consistently meet the school’s clear expectations and students respond well to teachers’ good use of praise.
- Students develop positive attitudes to learning.
Leadership and Management – Outstanding
- The school is led and managed exceptionally well.
- Governors are fully effective.
- The Principal provides exceptionally effective and robust leadership.
- Leaders use a well-developed tracking system.
- The school’s excellent practice (is used) to help other schools.