Leadership Scale 21 – 26 £69,031 – £78,025 (negotiable based on experience + relocation package)
Role: Vice Principal – Pastoral
Closing Date: Monday 4 July 2022 at 3 pm
Interviews: Thursday 14 July 2022 and Friday 15 July 2022
“Excellence For All”
We are looking to appoint an experienced and dynamic Senior Leader who will support our school on our ongoing journey. We are looking for someone who will be an inspirational and highly visible presence in our school and its local community, having clear impact on the thinking, attitudes and behaviours of all key stakeholders.
As a school we have a strong commitment to continuous improvement and we recognise that review and reflection are at the heart of this culture. We are exceptionally proud of our inclusive culture and ethos and want to further strengthen this against the backdrop of post Covid challenges. We need to include creating an environment where all students can thrive both academically and personally. A key part of the role will be leading and co-ordinating all aspects of our pastoral teams so that systems are working together to coherently and creatively meet the needs of our students and their families.
The successful post holder will:
- Lead on behaviour and attitudes across the whole school, ensuring that students have positive attitudes to learning and thoughtful, calm conduct through our weARE culture.
- Work closely with the leads for Safeguarding, Attendance and SEND and Groups to ensure that the needs of all students are met and that support systems are coherent, responsive and resourceful.
- Work closely with the Principal and Senior Leadership Team to ensure that our provision is strong and that our curriculum and pedagogical practices underpin high quality inclusive practices that are ambitious for all learners.
- Lead the Pastoral Curriculum contributing to the character and culture of our students by providing a key role in the life of our school—looking for opportunities to support the work of other postholders and develop our students into resilient, kind and determined young people who value and celebrate diversity.
- Work closely with the Pastoral Team including the Heads of Year, to ensure that the culture in each year group and the whole school is vibrant, purposeful and positive. Within this ensuring consistent systems of pastoral support and parental communication underpin high expectations and strong support.
Thorpe St Andrew School and Sixth Form is an over-subscribed 11-18 School serving East Norwich. We are exceptionally proud of our place within the local community and our strong local reputation reflects this. We are an inclusive school and believe passionately that students need to be equipped as good citizens as well as good learners. The successful applicant will work with us to fully promote this ethos whilst also striving for academic excellence.
Please see below an application pack containing the vacancy details. Applications should be made using the application form below.
Please ensure you include in the personal statement section of your application why you believe you are suitable for this role in terms of skill, experience and personal qualities.
References will be sought for all shortlisted candidates.
Further information about Thorpe St Andrew School and Sixth Form can be found by exploring our website.
A visit to the school is encouraged, please email email@example.com to arrange.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
All staff have access to a Premium Well-being Service provided by the Schools Advisory Service. Staff have access to a team of well-being experts, counsellors, nurses and physiotherapists. Other available services include GP helpline, weight management, menopause support, relaxation and mindfulness.