The COVID-19 Catch-Up Fund
The COVID-19 Catch-Up funding is being used to support those students who are underachieving at all stages of their education in Years 7 to 11. The focus is on 1:1 or small group tuition (a maximum 5 students) in English and Mathematics. Students identified through CAT testing and internal Numeracy and Literacy assessment. GCSE students are identified by ‘Working’ at Grades compared to previous grades. Pupil Premium (PP) and SEND students are identified first for all Catch-Up programmes. The following programmes are in operation:
- 1:1 or small group tuition English and Mathematics, Years 7, 8, 9 and 11 during school day. Year 10 commencing January 2021.
- English and Mathematics Year 10 holiday tutoring Programme 4 weeks.
- After School Revision Support Year 11 PP daily.
- Revision Programme – after school, holidays and weekends, across all subjects on scheduled programme for Year 11.
- Step Up Programme for 20 PP students in Year 11,
- After School Maths tutoring Year 7 daily 4 week programme.
In addition, the following has been provided:
- Online dynamo mathematics programme, all years.
- GCSE PE online revision programme.
- Chrome Books and SIMS provided to all students, as required, for online learning and tutoring at home.