Further Education (Post-16, -17)
Here are some links to webpages offering help and advice to students continuing their education and training after Years 11 or 12.
From the Gov.uk website
From the National Union of Students’ (NUS) website
From Norfolk’s Help You Choose website
Higher Education (Post-18)
Here are some links to webpages offering help and advice to students continuing their education and training after Year 13.
This Government portal is the first point of contact to the sometimes confusing world that is Student Finance.
Here you will find information and advice, including a link to an online Student Finance Calculator.
These are a selection of the links available on this GOV.UK website:
- Access to Learning Fund for students in financial hardship – grants and loans, how to apply, eligibility
- Teacher Training funding for full or part-time teacher training courses including Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE)
- Social work bursaries for help with tuition fees and living costs
- NHS bursary and grants for medicine, dentistry and healthcare courses
- Bursaries and scholarships from universities or colleges including the National Scholarship Programme
This is the official website of the company that provides Student Loans in the UK.
You will find information about:
- The finance that is available each year
- Eligibility criteria
- How to apply
- How to repay the loans
All applications are made online.
There is a Parents’ section that explains the financial information that parents may need to submit to support the application of a loan for their child.
Students and Financial Education from the MoneySavingExpert.com website.
Information about Student Finance from The Telegraph website.
Information about Tuition Fees from The Guardian website.
Advice: Money and Funding from the National Union of Students’ website.
Studential.com website offering tips on Student Bank Accounts.