Terms of Reference
Nine Governors of whom two will be elected Chair and Vice Chair
- To annually appoint a Chair and Vice Chair for the Committee, seeking approval for the recommendation of the Full Board [note: good practice suggests these appointments should not be employees of the school].
- To monitor and evaluate the allocated key areas of the School Improvement and Development Plan and to ensure all committee members are fully aware of and understand the ‘Key Performance Indicators’ which are the responsibility of that committee.
- To review the Curriculum 11-19 Policy, including Careers, Sex Education, SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social, Cultural) and British Values and RE and Collective Worship.
- To monitor the extended curriculum of the school, including clubs, educational visits, conferences.
- To be aware of the range of courses and qualifications offered across the school.
- To be aware of the curricular links that exist with primary partners both within the Trust and the catchment.
- With the Students and Community Committee, to ensure that the requirements for children with Special Educational Needs and disadvantaged students are met.
- To monitor in-year performance data for key year groups.
- To review policies allocated from the Full Board, as per the published schedule of review.
- To monitor arrangements for homework.
- To report to the Full Governing Board.