Terms of Reference
Nine Governors of whom two will be elected Chair and Vice Chair
- To annually appoint a Chair and Vice Chair for the Committee, seeking approval for the recommendation of the Full Board [note: good practice suggests these appointments should not be employees of the school].
- To monitor and evaluate the allocated key areas of the School Improvement Development Plan and to ensure all committee members are fully aware of and understand the ‘Key Performance Indicators’ which are the responsibility of that committee.
- To consider each year’s School Improvement and Development Plan (or post-Ofsted Action Plan) priorities and present an annual budget to the Governing Board for approval.
- To provide guidance and assistance to the Principal and Governing Board on all matters relating to budgeting and finance, with reference and adherence to statutory documents legislating the school.
- To ensure the establishment and implementation of effective financial planning and control.
- To monitor income and expenditure of all funds and report the financial situation to the full Governing Board.
- To review policies allocated from the Full Board, as per the published schedule of review.
- To assist the Principal and discharge the responsibilities of the Governing Board on matters relating to the school premises and grounds, security and environmental.
- To monitor the condition and management of the school’s premises and assets to ensure that they are used effectively to support priorities for school improvement.
- To undertake the actions on the Premises Development Plan, ensuring this is reviewed and updated annually.
Health and Safety
- To assist the Governing Board in ensuring that the school complies with Health and Safety regulations and to review the Health and Safety Policy regularly.
- To assist the Principal and discharge the responsibilities of the Governing Board on matters relating to Health and Safety.
- To monitor the effectiveness of the school’s Health and Safety arrangements.
- To ensure that safeguarding requirements are met in line with national legislation.
- To assist the Principal and discharge the responsibilities of the Governing Board on matters relating to the school’s IT Systems.
- To monitor the condition and management of the school’s IT assets and systems to ensure that they are used effectively to support priorities for the school.
- To undertake monitoring to ensure the actions on the IT Development Plan are undertaken, reviewed and the Plan updated annually.
- To assist the Governing Board in ensuring that the school’s IT Systems comply with appropriate safeguarding, IT and E-Safety policies.