Terms of Reference
Eight Governors of whom two will be elected Chair and Vice Chair
- To annually appoint a Chair and Vice Chair for the Committee, seeking approval for the recommendation of the Full Board [note: good practice suggests these appointments should not be employees of the school].
- To monitor and evaluate the allocated key areas of the School Improvement and Development Plan and to ensure all committee members are fully aware of and understand the ‘Key Performance Indicators’ which are the responsibility of that committee.
- To ensure the school acts on all staffing issues in line with the policies and procedures set out by the Trust.
- To review the staffing structure in relation to priorities for school improvement.
- To recommend to the Governing Board procedures for the appointment of staff and to appoint a panel for the appointment of the Principal, Vice and Deputy Principal(s) as necessary.
- To appoint the Governor(s) required for the Principal’s Performance Management Panel, in line with the Trust policy.
- Have full delegated powers in relation to staff salaries, within the policy set by the Trust.
- To ensure an appropriate appraisal system for all Teaching and Associate Staff is delivered in line with the policies of the Trust.
- To monitor the quality of teaching within the school.
- To set the annual Directed Time plan for all staff.
- To ensure CPD provision exists across the school for Associate Staff.
- To monitor the annual wellbeing of staff.
- To oversee arrangements for educational visits.
- To monitor and evaluate the allocated key areas of the School Improvement and Development Plan.
- To review policies allocated from the Full Board, as per the published schedule of review.
- To report to the Full Governing Board.
Governors employed at the school, other than the Principal, may be asked to withdraw when considering the pay or performance of a colleague.