Terms of Reference
Eight Governors of whom two will be elected Chair and Vice Chair
- To annually appoint a Chair and Vice Chair for the Committee, seeking approval for the recommendation of the Full Board [note: good practice suggests these appointments should not be employees of the school].
- To monitor and evaluate the allocated key areas of the School Improvement and Development Plan and to ensure all committee members are fully aware of and understand the ‘Key Performance Indicators’ which are the responsibility of that committee.
- To monitor student welfare.
- To monitor and review all pastoral and behaviour policies.
- To monitor student exclusions and to appoint individual Governors or a panel for student disciplinary hearings and exclusions.
- To appoint a Governor with responsibility for Special Educational Needs, Safeguarding and Prevent and to monitor the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities policy.
- To monitor attendance.
- To contribute to and advise on the school’s relationships in the wider community.
- To advise on communication with students, staff, parents and the wider community.
- To establish close working links with the School Senate, the Friends of Thorpe St Andrew School and Team 6.
- To review policies allocated from the Full Board, as per the published schedule of review.
- To report to the Full Governing Board.