Terms of Reference
Nine Governors of whom two will be elected Chair and Vice Chair
- To annually appoint a Chair and Vice Chair for the Committee, seeking approval for the recommendation of the Full Board [note: good practice suggests these appointments should not be employees of the school].
- To monitor and evaluate the allocated key areas of the School Improvement and Development Plan and to ensure all committee members are fully aware of and understand the ‘Key Performance Indicators’ which are the responsibility of that committee.
- To monitor learning and teaching strategies in the school.
- To monitor arrangements for the induction of new teaching colleagues and the arrangements for their first year programme.
- To monitor the programmes of support that are used with identified colleagues.
- To monitor the annual Monitoring, Evaluation and Review cycle for the school (MER).
- To monitor the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes for Teaching Staff.
- To monitor the marking, assessment and reporting processes for the school.
- To review policies allocated from the Full Board, as per the published schedule of review.
- To report to the Full Governing Board.